It is our policy that all students wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours. Our policy regarding school uniform is based on the notion that school uniform:
promotes a sense of pride in the school;
engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school;
is practical and smart;
identifies the students with the school;
is fair and makes students feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance and removes peer pressure to dress in ‘designer’ fashions;
is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money by most parents/carers;
can assist identification of strangers on school premises;
is designed with health and safety in mind.
- Black, single-breasted blazer with the school badge.
- White shirt, long or short sleeved, with pointed collar. Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- School tie appropriate to a student’s House.
- Pullover, v-necked and black.
- Plain black shoes. Trainers and boots are not acceptable.
- Black skirt or black trousers.
- Skirts, trousers and shoes must be practical and formal, not fashion items.
- Skirts must be pleated or plain, no shorter than knee-length and no longer than mid-calf.
- Trousers must be tailored; neither tight nor baggy; nor excessively flared; not denim or corduroy.
- Black socks, black or neutral tights must be worn.
- Hijabs must be plain black or plain white.
A list of the local uniform suppliers can be found in the CHHS Prospectus on the Parent/Carer information page of the CHHS website here.
The full uniform policy can be found on the Policies page of the CHHS website here.
Proposed new school uniform (February 2017)
Photographs of the proposed uniform